Paxman Scalp Cooler
The Paxman Scalp Cooler is available in two models to allow either one patient to be treated or two patients to be independently treated at the same time. The Paxman Scalp Cooler offers many benefits for use in hospitals, small chemotherapy suites and private beds.
Providing the leading scalp cooling technology for hair loss prevention, the system consists of a compact refrigeration unit containing a coolant that is circulated through specially designed cooling caps. The coolant lines are supported by a raised, adjustable arm to offer maximum comfort for the patient.
- Single or dual patient treatment, which are independently controlled.
- Easy to read touch screen visual display with system status graphics.
- One touch switch operation for simple ease of use.
- Scientifically developed, low temperature, non-viscous coolant with ultra efficient heat transfer properties.
- Instant cooling capability once connected to the system to allow immediate use.
- Visual and audible alarms for restricted and no flow coolant conditions.
- Countdown timer with touch screen access and visual display.
- System diagnostics access for operators.
- Coded access for service engineers.
- High ambient warning alarm.
- Small, compact size which is easily manoeuvred.
“Simple, proven performance.”
The Paxman Cold Cap
The most important feature of the Paxman Scalp Cooler is the lightweight design of the cooling caps (small cap 795g). Manufactured from high grade silicone material, the soft, flexible cooling caps provide a close fit around the patient’s head. Five different sizes are colour coded so they can be easily identified, and the varying dimensions ensure most head shapes are catered for.
As coolant passes through the cold cap to extract heat from the patient’s scalp, inline temperature sensors ensure the cap maintains the scalp at an even, constant temperature. A neoprene cover is provided with the Paxman cap to assist in the efficiency and operation of the system. Insulating it and protecting it from high room temperatures, the cover absorbs condensation and ensures good contact with the scalp – an essential factor for successful treatment.
Paxman cold caps are attached to the scalp cooling system with easily operated, quick release and non-drip plastic couplings. Once the treatment is finished, the cold cap can be disconnected from the cooling line and washed with soap and water or detergent ready for the next patient.
Simple, proven performance.